|EvoStream Releases Version 1.5 Beta of EvoStream Media Server|
EvoStream, an innovator in media server software technology, is pleased to announce the availability of version 1.5 Beta of EvoStream Media Server. The new version further improves performance and efficiency, provides additional protocol ingest support, and enhanced API functions for improved querying of server usage, usage history, as well as setting and maintaining connection and bandwidth limits.
The updated release includes the features and improvements detailed below.
- MPEG-TS over UDP fully supported as a source
- MPEG-TS via RTSP fully supported
- New API functions:
- Track and set connection limits
- Track and set Bandwidth limits
- View connection and bandwidth "high water marks"
- Improved efficiency of liststreams and added a listStreamIDs function
- Better support for embedded applications
- Better compatibility with Flash Media Live Encoder stream naming conventions.
Minor Improvements and Fixes
- Efficiency improvements to intra-machine clustering
- RTMP tcURL field defaulted to source URI (compatibility)
- Improved RTMP URI parsing to allow selecting video files in subfolders
- Multiple minor fixes for RTSP and MPEG-TS
- Multiple minor enhancements to HTTP Live Streaming
EvoStream Media Server Version 1.5 is now available for existing customers or to evaluate as a free download from www.evostream.com/products/downloads. For more information on the update, or EvoStream Media Server features and pricing, please visit www.evostream.com, or contact sales at 619-972-4009.